Gatineau is a city in Quebec, Canada. The city is the fourth biggest city in the locale after Montreal. It is located on the northern bank of the Ottawa River, instantly inverse Ottawa, together with which it structures the country’s National Capital Region.
Different provincial government working environments are in Gatineau, in view of its region to the national capital and its status as the essential town of the Outaouais territory of Quebec. The Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport is the city’s civil plane terminal, fit for dealing with little jets. The city’s way of life is somehow different from that of Toronto and Montreal in terms of its pace.
Population Of Gatineau In 2018:
As per the year 2011, it had a population of 265,349 and a metropolitan population of 314,501. Between the year of 2001 and 2006 there was a net deluge of 5,205 people who moved to Gatineau from outside of the Ottawa – Gatineau region. There was moreover a net out-movement of around 630 Anglophones.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Gatineau in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 – 225,943
2. 2014 – 297,456
3. 2015 – 254297
4. 2016 – 276,245
5. 2017 – 288,945
Predicting the 2018 population of Gatineau is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 12,576 people. Hence, the population of Gatineau in 2018 is forecast to be 288,945 + 12,576 = 359,625. So, the population of Gatineau in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 359,625.
Gatineau Population 2018 –359,625. (estimated)
Demography Of Gatineau:
About 83% of the population perceived as Roman Catholic in 2001 while 7% said they didn’t have a place with any religion and 5% comprising of Protestants. About 1% of the people perceived themselves as Muslim and 0.2% as Buddhists. The area is home to more than five thousand new transients, who presently include 2% of the total population. 11% of these are from Colombia, 10% from France, 6% from Lebanon, 4% from Romania and 3% from the United States.
Population Density And Growth Of Gatineau:
The population density of Gatineau is 773.7 persons per square kilometre. As demonstrated by the 2011 enlistment, it had a population of approximately 265,349. This was an extension of 9.6% stood out from 2006. A vast portion of the populace lives in the urban areas of Aylmer. It is the fourth greatest city in Quebec after Montreal, Quebec and Laval. This beautiful city has a population growth rate which is bringing about growing numbers every year.
Facts About Gatineau:
1. It fills in as the seat of the legal region of Hull, which incorporates the whole of the city of Gatineau and furthermore a couple of outside lying areas, for instance, Chelsea and Pontiac.
2. A large segment of the city is on level ground yet the Northern and Eastern parts is placed on the beginnings of the foothills of the tremendous Laurentian Mountains.
3. Two principle get-away spots located out here in the city are the Canadian Museum of History and the Casino du Lac-Leamy.
4. Different elected and provincial government work environments are placed in Gatineau, as a result of its closeness to the capital and its status as the essential town of the Outaouais region of Quebec.
5. It is the city of permit for a couple of TV as well as radio stations serving the National Capital Region, which is a singular media market.